Help us by donating onlineDonate
Find us on Facebook
Young Fathers Programme
“Working together to support the whole family.”
Encouraging young dads to identify their current needs and help with next steps into a job, new training or education.
Encouraging young dads to be active parents, supportive partners and advice on how to raise safe and healthy children.
Encouraging young dads to take their parenting role seriously and promote the rewards that parenting can bring.
- Young men up to 25 years who are parents or who are about to become one.
Length of Programme/Sessions
- Young Fathers programme – ongoing programme on weekdays.
- Please contact Derrick Gordon on 07756 681819 or 0121 552 5556 for more information about this programme or to make a (self)referral.
What can the Programme offer?
- OCN West Midlands Level 1 accredited Parenting Skills Course.
- Home visits to meet the young dad and his family and give easy access to the service.
- Mentoring support.
- Advocacy for young parents.
- A key-worker who will help you set targets for your development and give you one to one support with personal or relationship issues.
- We work alongside dads and their families who are supported by Early Help or Social Care strategies.
- Signposting to other agencies who can support with issues such as benefits and housing.
- Sexual health awareness/promoting healthy relationships.
- Signposting to courses to improve your Maths and English levels.
- Access to other practical courses such as Mechanics and Construction.
- All Krunch staff undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check and Safeguarding Training.
- Krunch has public liability insurance, a current Safeguarding Policy, Health and Safety risk assessed workshops and many of our staff are First Aid trained .
- A pre CAF or CAF form must be completed for each young person referred to Krunch and a key worker must ideally be named with whom we can liaise.