Help us by donating onlineDonate
Find us on Facebook
Music and Media
- Music and media mentors who are able to relate to young people, current musical cultures and IT based design and communication.
- Music Production including recording live instruments and voices, production, mixing and re-mastering tracks, creating CDs and designing inserts. Software used includes Reason, GarageBand, Logic Pro, Pro Tools.
- Lyric Writing.
- Djing – using both CD and record decks with a Pro Digital Vinyl system (Traktor Scratch Pro).
- Guitar tuition – acoustic and electric.
- Graphic design – using latest software create music videos, CD covers, leaflets, posters, T-shirt designs and much more.
- Accreditation available through OCN West Midlands and AQA.
- Young people aged 11-19 yrs (up to 25 years for LDD) who are interested in the production of music and graphic design
- Those who will benefit from learning in a fun way, how to see a project through from beginning to end, to build intrinsic motivation
- Those who have difficulty engaging in mainstream education and would benefit from informal, accredited learning
- Young people who struggle to access extra-curricular activities and/or need encouragement to engage in positive activities
Length of programme/sessions
- Sessions can last between 1 and 2 hours depending on the needs of the young person and mentor availability
- Minimum 10 hours must be purchased and attended to achieve OCN West Midlands accreditation
- A bespoke package for an individual can include more than one session a week and maybe combine different courses
- 45 minute ‘taster’ sessions available for free
At Krunch premises
All resources and equipment included
Accreditation and certification with OCN or AQA is available.
- All Krunch staff undergo an enhanced DBS check and Safeguarding Training.
- Krunch has public liability insurance, a current Safeguarding Policy, Health and Safety risk assessed workshops and many of our staff are First Aid trained.
- A referral form must be completed for each young person referred to Krunch and a key worker must be named with whom we can liaise.
- We regularly review all placements with the referring agency to ensure that Krunch is meeting the needs of the young person.
- If necessary, staff and equipment can visit your premises and transport costs will be additional.