Help us by donating onlineDonate
Find us on Facebook
Emotional Health and Wellbeing Interventions – One to One Mentoring
- Targeted one to one sessions with experienced mentors who are skilled at building trusting relationships with young people in a confidential manner.
- Supporting young people to improve their emotional health and wellbeing with their voices at the centre of the intervention.
- Sessions focussed around an accredited personal development programme which encourages self-awareness, achievement and the development of relevant life skills.
- Signposting young people to positive activities and opportunities outside of education.
- Regular communication with the referring agency and attendance at multi-agency meetings when necessary in the best interests of the young person.
Young people 9-19 years who need additional support with one or more of the following issues (not an exhaustive list):
- Lacking in confidence
- Worry and/or anxiety – struggling to express and process feelings
- Decline or concerning change in behaviours
- Identity issues and/or low self – esteem
- Peer and romantic relationship issues
- Emotionally based school avoidance
- Lacking in confidence, resilience and ability to make decisions
- Transition to new school/year group
- Socially anxious and lacking in friends
- Lacking in self-help strategies to manage strong emotions
- Exam stress
- Emotional wellbeing is compromised by SEND
- Those who have been excluded, or are at risk of exclusion.
- Complicated family lives – eg. not living with birth family
Length of programme/sessions
- Sessions can last between 1 and 1.5 hours depending on the needs of the young person and mentor availability.
- Minimum 10-week programme recommended.
- Sessions can be at Krunch premises or at your premises.
- We do not offer full-time respite placements but you can make Krunch sessions part of your pupil’s 25hr a week timetable.
- We set targets and review them regularly and agree on a reporting structure with referring agencies that suit.
- A bespoke package for an individual can include more than one session a week.
- Mentoring for individuals – Please call us for our latest prices
- Session content will be based on the social and emotional issues relating to peer pressure, self-confidence/esteem, making positive plans for the future and law and order.
- Accreditation and certification with https://www.aim-group.org.uk/ available at an additional cost per unit achieved.
- All Krunch staff undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check and Safeguarding Training.
- Krunch has public liability insurance, a current Safeguarding Policy, Health and Safety risk assessed workshops and many of our staff are First Aid trained.
- A referral form must be completed for each young person referred to Krunch and a key worker must be named with whom we can liaise.
- We regularly review all placements with the referring agency to ensure that Krunch is meeting the needs of the young person.